Happy Wednesday everyone! As I mentioned in my last post, today I wanted to share some information about managing stress. Chronic stress can affect both our emotional and our physical dimensions of wellness, and could even have an impact on our social, and perhaps spiritual dimensions as well.
Stress is unavoidable. We all have stressors in our lives, and learning to manage that stress so that it doesn’t impact our health is key. I thought I’d share a few links to articles, a stress management worksheet, and even a stress management workbook. These are some great resources to help us deal with those unexpected events, undesirable encounters, or less-than-ideal circumstances we all face from time to time.
- 62 Stress Management Techniques to Prevent a Burn Out https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/stress-management-techniques-tips-burn-out/#exercises
- 3 Ways to Become More Stress Resilient (Mayo Clinic) https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/3-ways-to-become-more-stress-resilient/art-20267213
- Five Tips to Help Manage Stress (American Psychological Association) http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/manage-stress.aspx
- Stress Management Worksheet https://www.concordia.ca/content/dam/concordia/services/health/docs/stress-management/Stress%20management%20worksheet.pdf
- Stress Management Workbook https://www.prevention.va.gov/mpt/2013/docs/managestressworkbook_dec2013.pdf
I hope you find some of these resources useful!
Speaking of stress being unavoidable, I’m sorry I’ve been a little MIA from the blogosphere this week. My husband has been in the hospital since a little after midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning, and I’ve been spending my days there with him. Once I got home at night, I was just too exhausted to do anything other than watch a little TV before bed. Thankfully, he’s home now and feeling much better, so I hope to get caught up with everyone over the next few days.
Do you have any tips or tricks that help you manage stress? If you do, please share!
Other Wellness Wednesday Posts:
The endorsement period is almost over, but you can still endorse me here until August 17th!